Friday, July 22, 2011

Rough Day

It was a rough go today =( Oslo felt a little stiff in our stretchy ride this morning but still felt really relaxed and in front of the leg. Our actual warm-up for our test felt great and he was so on the aids. Oslo was in perfect shape and so ready. Unfortunately, my mental game was not there today. I almost felt like I psyched myself up too much and thought through the whole test instead of just riding what felt good in each moment. I went into the ring thinking of every little thing Markus and I had gone over to make that PSG test perfect. I did all those things, but forgot to work together with Oslo. I feel like I let Oslo down in that test. We had such great energy and Oslo was there for me, but I never supported him with the appropriate half-halt or guided him properly into the movements. Our energy was great, but I didn’t balance it. I solely focused on riding that darn test and totally forgot about the most important element: teamwork! Sorry Oslo.
Therefore, we were nowhere near our needed qualifying score and only received a 64%. I am so bummed and angry at myself. Especially since Oslo gave it his all and I didn’t utilise that. The scores do seem a bit low at this show – the panel of judges are definitely not giving away any marks.
Looking on the bright side: we were able to sneak into another PSG test tomorrow! Now I have a chance to redeem myself. We ride at 10:42 am tomorrow so hopefully that will still leave Oslo with some jam for our freestyle in the late evening. I would prefer not to do two tests at that level in one day on Oslo, but I feel I need to ride that PSG for myself and see if I can keep the great energy and ride a balanced and brilliant test! Still so much learning to do in this sport! It is never ending!
I should be heading to bed. I need to make sure Oslo is settled in the morning and take him out for a light stretchy ride before the PSG.
Tomorrow is another day......

Linds and Oslo

No comments:

Post a Comment