Monday, July 25, 2011

Alberta Bound!

We just passed over the border into the mother country and are well on our way home. We left DevonWood Sunday afternoon after my ride and made it to Spokane after picking up our friend and her horses on the side of the interstate. She was also headed to Spokane for the night from the show when her horse trailer tire blew and flew off, taking the fender with it. Her poor horses were stranded in the trailer for over an hour in 40 degree heat while road side assistance came and put her spare on. So we stopped and dad helped her out and then once we got her back on the road we convoyed together to Spokane for the night. We hope she is able to get a new spare today and finish her trip back to Montana today!

Oslo and I rode the I1 test late Sunday mowning. He was definitely tired but we to see on the suppleness and we had some great stuff! The trot work was especially good and it showed on the marks since we consistently got 7s instead of 6s on the trot tour. The canter was fairly god but I think this is where we both started to show our tiredness. Oslo missed the flying change aid after the extended and then I got caught up with the focus on sills was and was a late on Mt first change aid in our two tempis so I rode a three to begin with. I was definitely mad at myself for that because Oslo would has been there for me if I would have just asked on time!! But I was very happy with the rest of it and Oslo's rideability over the entire weekend. Mistakes will be made and I was just so happy to have kept Oslo so supple through the entir test! Our final score was just over 65% which put us in 3rd place - very respectable considering the level of competition at the international level.

I definitely want to come back next year. It is such qn amazing facility and the show is run really well. Maybe next year we can have a big entourage of Albertans make the trip down!

Back to navigating now! I will try and post pics once we get home too!


Linds and Oslo

No comments:

Post a Comment