Monday, July 18, 2011

One More Sleep

I think I have almost everything packed now. It seems like I don't have nearly enough stuff, but I have to remind myself that we are only taking Oslo!

Today we had a good ride and we rode later in the morning to get some of the heat, but not roast! We figured we should be working in at least a little heat since it is supposed to be warm down there. We rode the I1 test and overall it went quite well. The changes were a bit tight, so we schooled some lines of changes after the test and worked on me using more half-halt (yet again!!!) and letting him be more free in front. After some work and focus on the half-halt, we had the bigger jump with a more free and longer neck, making the changes much more expressive.

We will be leaving tomorrow morning around 7:00am. Calgary rush hour is preventing us from leaving any earlier. Since we are headed to the Crowsnest Pass, we will be going right through Calgary and there is construction on Deerfoot bridge, so we really want to avoid rush hour! The border crossing we are using is Kingsgate, in B.C., and it is open 24 hours a day, therefore we thought it was alright to leave at 7:00am rather than 4:00am!

I actually phoned Telus today and ordered the correct text messaging plan for the US. Unlike last time, when I went to California and ordered the wrong plan off the horribly confusing Telus website and had a $300 cell phone bill waiting for me when I got home. Thankfully, Telus seemed to understand my situation and credited me as if I had actually purchased the correct plan!

Tomorrow evening at this time we will hopefully be all settled in at Spokane Sport Horses. Mom is very excited for the drive - it is supposed to be beautiful and it looks like we should get some good weather. I am personally a little worried about the pass. Last time I did that pass in the Prius and those mountains seemed huge!!! Might be some slow truckin' at times.

Oslo will have the back two stalls in the trailer to hopefully relax in on the journey. The first two stalls are full of extra shavings, hay, and bikes.

Some last minute laundry and tack cleaning and then off to bed!


Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment