Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Markus Gribbe Clinic

Oslo and I attended the Markus Gribbe Clinic July 1st and 2nd. Markus is the Pan Am Team and Dressage High Performance Coach. It was quite the honour to ride in his clinic. Markus has amazing attention to detail and taught me so much regarding how to ride that “perfect test”. He had suggestions and comments on every movement and for the time between movements as well.  I have never taken as many written notes as I did from this clinic. He helped Oslo and I show off our best items in the test such as our extended canter, half-passes, pirouettes, and voltes. On the other hand, he showed us how to camouflage our less strong suits, such as our walk work. Markus was also very demanding and was exactly what I needed at this point in time. I have a tendency to not ride as brave in the show ring or at clinics as I do at home, but Markus brought me to a new level when riding away from home. It really was the perfect clinic and clinician for us at this time.
Exactly two weeks until we leave for Oregon now. Oslo and I will be practicing that PSG test making sure to include all of Markus’ tips. I also am going to be hacking and taking Oslo out in the field quite a bit over the next little while. I feel he has been to a lot of shows and done a lot of travelling these past few months, so I want to make sure he stays fresh and mentally healthy. Yesterday I took him for a gallop in the field and it was so nice to be able to just relax and go crazy forward with no boundaries!!! I also think the field has its place in dressage training since we can get a more exuberant canter and we can work on the expression in the changes. Also, hills are great for Oslo’s walk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment