Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nearing Departure!

Today Oslo and I got to practice our freestyle in our outdoor ring! It was finally dry enough with it being 28 degrees Celsius out! Oslo and I found it a bit hot and we didn't quite have the energy and cadence we have had the past couple of weeks. I then got a bit frantic in the trot since I was looking for the extra energy. Lesson learned today: Ride for the big energy, but have enough half-halt to control that energy! Therefore, we need to make sure I don't get the trot too frantic in the freestyle (mom thinks the music gets me a little wired!). Energy: YES, Half-halt: DEFINITELY! That will be the focus for tomorrow's ride, along with getting Oslo just that bit more in front of the leg and therefore supple. We will do a "show warm-up" and then ride the I1 test since we haven't ridden that for a while. I have been so focused on the PSG since that is where I need the score of 67% to qualify, but I need to make sure we can still get the good quality gaits in all the movements in the I1 test as well.

I finally started do laundry and packing today for our week long trip. With us just taking Oslo and only being gone for one week, the trip seems minor compared to our California adventures with three horses. Tomorrow will be the big packing day and even though I may not be bringing as much stuff this time, I need to make sure I am organized and completely prepared for show day!

Unfortunately, Lientje (the dog) will not be coming along on this trip since the DevonWood Equestrian Centre does not allow dogs on the show grounds. I tried to make the argument that no one could say no to the extremely cute dachshund face, but we didn't want to bring her along and have her have to sit in the truck all day. Dad is definitely sad - I think he was looking forward to a horse show where he had time to spend walking (or carrying) Lientje around.

My ride times for the show are:
Friday, PSG, 3:04pm
Saturday, I1 Freestyle, 8:23pm (we are the last freestyle of the evening!)
Sunday, I1, 11:26am

Fairly good times. I am not always a fan of riding later in the evenings, but it is supposed to be 29 degrees on Saturday, so I am sure Oslo and I will be quite happy riding at 8:23pm that day!

The excitement is building!!!!!



Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment