Thursday, May 16, 2013

Back at it - California Training Trip!

Hello everyone! It has been almost a year since I have done a post and Oslo, Cashew, and I are finally back on the road again! We are headed to California, San Diego to be specific, for a month of serious training. Oslo and I are so close to the Grand Prix that we can taste it! Nearly there with all the movements, but we are in need of some dedicated eyes on the ground to help with the precision and final touches the Olympic level requires. That is where Lientje Schueler, Steffen Peter's assistant, comes in! She comes to Canada a few times a year to do clinics. We absolutely love her training methods with the different horses and just have a blast working our butts off for her! Cashew and I have a different goal, but it also requires some serious dedication and focus on both our parts. We successfully showed in the FEI 5 year old class last year and are wanting to step it up a notch this year. I feel she is right on the verge of brilliance and I am hoping Lientje can point us in the right direction so we can bring out the best in Ms. Cashew.

Over the last year I have had Oslo and Cashew in Calgary with me, at the beautiful Trakehner Glen. It is the only thing that has kept me sane in the last year! I have been enjoying my job at EBA Engineering, garbage girl as some say, but boy does the city get to me sometimes. Thankfully, I have the ponies to run to after work and on weekends. I do have to say up front that my boss at EBA and the company have been very good to me and let me take the time I need to spend riding. Not everyone would be so understanding, but Scott, my boss is truly amazing and so supportive of my crazy aspirations with Oslo and Cashew! So thank you to everyone at EBA and Scott especially!

Mom, dad, Cashew, Oslo, and I left first thing Wednesday morning from Trakehner Glen and stopped in Idaho Falls last night and are now in Vegas for the night. Tomorrow morning will be an early start as we want to avoid the heat down here - it has been over 30 degrees since we left Utah. The two long days of travel are over and it is only about 6 hours to San Diego from here.

I will be working and riding while down there, but I will try to post regularly, including lots of pictures.

Thank you to everyone that has made this trip possible and have helped out in the past! Allison Hagen, Cashew's owner, is always supportive and right behind us all the way! Mom and dad of course, I need to thank them for pretty much everything! My understanding employer, EBA! My best friend who has kept me company the last few months at the barn and groomed my ponies - Alan! Gill at Trakehner Glen who helped us on our way and everyone else at the barn who cares for Oslo and Cashew when I am not there. And of course, all my past sponsors!

Thank you everyone and I will be in touch!


Linds, Oslo, and Cashew

No comments:

Post a Comment