Thursday, May 3, 2012

Intermediaire Test

Had a much more forward go today! Had a few mistakes and I think Ana was giving me the finger a couple of times but overall I was happy with the improvement to the impulsion. We had a go button for most of the test and she was more expressive. I think she may have been a bit tired as well but she had her own plan in the rein back and flying change at the end of the extended canter. I just couldn't keep her on the aids in the extended canter and she totally knew the rein back was coming and just did her own thing! We also buggared up our two tempis. Our three tempis were beautiful and then on the fifth two tempi Ana just did not repsond to the change aid! She came onto the diagonal super straight and forward and the first changes were terrific and then it went out the window! haha. We got a better sore today though and it was nice to see Stephen Clarke gave us the highed score on the panel (over 62%).

We had some great stuff and we achieved our goal of being more in front of the leg so we are happy. Ana was a great partner and I had tons of fun on her.

Esmee had a terrific go today as well. She did an awesome job and Ricky looked great. She also had him much more in front of the leg and put down a good test. The trot was quite expressive today and her canter zig-zag was one of the best movements in her test. She also improved her score and was really happy with her ride.

A number of school groups were out at the park today and I did a mini interview with one of the girls' group today. I think I was more nervous for that than I was for my test! I thought it was really cool though that schools do field trips to the big shows here!

All the international and two Australian riders got horses drawn for the Derby (or "Daarby" as they say it here). Esmee ended up with "Colonial Hot & Handsome" and I ended up with Ricky!!! Too funny. He will definitely be a bit small for me (well maybe a lot) but it will be fun. I should have some insider information from Esmee this way too. Esmee's horse is apparently a nice steady quarter horse cross. Esmee rides at 12:57PM and I ride last at 1:33PM. Should be exciting! Esmee and I are eager and ready to compete as a team. Go Canada!!!

We are headed to an Australian footie game tonight with Esmee and family and Lucy from Ireland! =)

Cheers!



Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment