Thursday, June 13, 2013

Until Next Time.....

Tomorrow is our last day in sunny California for this trip. It will be a sad day as we have made many friends here and had amazing lessons. We will especially miss Lientje! She is a truly amazing coach and person. Thank you so much for everything Lientje!

Oslo and I are out of the starting gate and have big hopes to be able to do that Grand Prix test in the next couple of months! Things are starting to come together and we just keep gaining strength and timing for all the movements. I feel I have so many more tools now to work on the movements and start to piece together the movements in the test. Oslo has been feeling incredible and keeps trying his little heart out. This trip has made me realize again how lucky I am to have Oslo. Yes he has been very difficult at times, but we seem to understand each other now, and I am so ecstatic that he just keeps learning!

Cashew and I have had really good rides lately as well. We are starting to work more cohesively and Cashew seems happier in the work now. She is getting more supple every day and it has been a learning experience for me to be able to get the true suppleness throughout her entire body. It is amazing how different she is from Oslo, making it very difficult but a terrific learning opportunity for me.

We have early morning lessons tomorrow as we need to get packed, send mom to the airport, and then get the ponies, dad, and me on the road to Vegas. With us having lessons in the morning, we will only go as far as Vegas for the night to give the horses a good rest before the two long hauling days back home.

That is all for this trip. Thank you to everyone here, back home, and the ponies for this tremendous experience. Hopefully we get the chance again next year and we would love to have some other Alberta friends join us too! :)

Until next year!

Cheers!


Lindsay + Oslo + Cashew

No comments:

Post a Comment